Monday, March 21, 2016

Learn How To Start Seeds Indoors



Seed Starting Instructions. I believe many gardeners today are somewhat reluctant to start their garden plants indoors as they find the process a bit intimidating, and better left to the pros. For me, I find seed starting to be a very rewarding experience. It really is very easy when you follow recommended guidelines. These guidelines require proper heat, light and moisture. If you follow these guidelines to start seeds indoors, you are assured of immediate success.

I tend to be a bit of an impatient person, and the sooner I can get my marigolds in bloom, the faster the rewards flow from my garden. Although some flowers can be direct seeded into the garden, I prefer to start them indoors to get a jump on the season. I use a 3 shelf light stand that allows me to start hundreds of flowers and vegetables indoors. In my post "Seed Starting Indoors While Waiting for Spring" you can see the seeds I've started this year.   


If you have never attempted to start plants indoors, here are a few recommendations:
  • Choose easy-to-start-from-seed species like tomatoes, peppers, marigolds, sunflowers, and zinnias.
  • Start small and expand your efforts the following season.
  • Check out our Seed Starting Video presented by Jeff Werner, our resident farmer and Mark Greene, our in-house horticulturist.
  • If you are new to seed starting, we offer money saving light stand and heat mat combos to insure your success.
  • I encourage you to use the web for information on starting flowers or vegetables indoors. Some species are a little more difficult to start indoors than others.
Good luck and let us know if you need any further assistance.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment